Pep up Dry January with one of these tasty, easy to make, no and low-alcoholic cocktails
If you’ve committed to dry January but are struggling to keep on track then why not try shaking things with these no or low alcoholic cocktails? Who says dry January needs to be boring?
BEMUSE SPARKLING PUNCH
Created in conjunction with Chrissy Perrett of The Spirits Hub, this punch cocktail uses Bemuse low alcoholic mead to give it a hint of honey sweetness.
Ingredients (makes two serves):
10ml ginger syrup
20ml lemon juice
50ml blueberry juice
Full can of Bemuse Tarragon & Basil (0.5%ABV)
1. Add syrup, lemon juice and blueberry juice into a punch bowl or jug. Stir to combine.
2. Add can of Bemuse
3. Gently stir
4. Garnish with blueberries and fresh basil sprig
Multi-award winning mixologist Remy Savage has created this silky sweet mocktail in conjunction with Love Fresh Cherries. He says “This mocktail is a real show-stopper, and a great opportunity to use any fancy glassware you have when entertaining at your next barbeque or garden get together!.”
30ml tonic water
20ml triple sec
20ml lemon juice
5ml sugar syrup
5 fresh cherries (pitted)
- Pour each measured ingredient into a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake all ingredients for 20-30 seconds
- Pour cocktail through a fine strainer into a coupette
ELLENBOROUGH PARK POMELO
This refreshing Pomelo cocktail (which is actually made with grapefruit) from the 15th century manor hotel, Ellenborough Park, to quench one’s thirst after a meander through the Cotswold countryside.
50ml Seedlip Spice (non-alcoholic gin)
75ml Grapefruit Juice
Lemongrass stick/Grapefruit slice
- Add some ice to a large wine or stemmed gin glass
- Pour in the Seedlip, grapefruit juice and tonic
- Garnish with a lemongrass stick and/or slice or grapefruit
GREEN TEA & APPLE
Olivier Kaviani from Joro Restaurant has developed a series of tea infused cocktails, including this green tea and apple tipple, perfect for if you’re detoxing this January and would pair well with fresh vegetables and salads.
- Add loose tea to your apple juice instead of water.
2. Leave to cold infuse overnight
3. Filter and serve in a cooled champagne flute
MADRE DE BOTIVO
Agua de Madre Blood Orange Bitters
- Fill a 250ml glass with ice
2. Add serve of Botivo
3. Top up with Agua de Madre Blood Orange Bitters
4. Garnish with a slice of orange
Easy to make, the sweetness of pure Canadian maple syrup balances out the lemon juice beautifully.
10ml pure Canadian maple syrup (preferably amber maple syrup for its rich taste)
20ml lemon juice
50ml sparkling water
Rosemary sprig, to garnish
- Pour the first two ingredients into a wine glass filled with ice cubes
- Stir with a bar spoon until the glass is very cold
- Fill with sparkling water
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary
A mindful aperitivo with character and a touch of rose from Camille Vidal, creator of Mindful Cocktails™ and founder of La Maison Wellness.
30ml MARTINI Vibrante (non-alcoholic aperitif)
30ml Lyre’s Aperitif Rosso(non-alcoholic sweet vermouth)
10ml NONSUCH Wild Hedgerow & Rose Shrub
- Build your Negroni Rosa directly into your glass over ice, (use large cubes as it minimises the dilution!)
2. Give your cocktail a gentle stir and garnish with a wedge of grapefruit
Sit back and dream of warmer climes with this summer-inspired cocktail from Sea Arch Drinks.
50ml Sea Arch Coastal Juniper
25ml unsweetened cranberry juice
Fever Tree clementine & cinnamon tonic
Clementine and fresh cranberries to garnish
- Fill a large glass with cubed ice
2. dd the Sea Arch Coastal Juniper and cranberry juice
3. Top up with the tonic
4. Garnish with charred clementine skin and fresh cranberries
A cold weather twist on the classic G & T from Spencer Matthew’s non-alcoholic brand CleanCo. Garnish with ground black pepper to add further warmth on the nose.
59ml Clean G
85ml tonic of our choice
30 to 60ml (to taste) blackcurrant cordial
- Add Clean G and tonic to a highball glass
2. Add cubed ice and orange wheels throughout the drink.
3. Top with blackcurrant cordial
4. Add optional grind of black pepper as garnish